A man has suffered second degree burns in an overnight house fire at Argenton.
The 61-year-old and his 64-year-old wife were woken by smoke alarms at their William Street house around 11.30 last night.
The couple tried to extinguish the fire but were driven from the home by the smoke and flames.
Fire crews arrived a short time later, but were unable to save the house.

The male resident suffered burns to 35 per cent of his body and has been taken to Sydney’s Royal North Shore Hospital for treatment.