BY ISABEL EVERETT
The Bureau of Meteorology has predicting possible flooding along the Myall River for the Bulahdelah areas.
Residents and visitors to these areas are being urged to take action now to prepare for possible flood impacts.
NSW SES is advising residents in low lying areas of the following locations they may need to evacuate due to rising flood water.
These areas include:
• Low lying properties in River Street
• Myall Street• Richmond Street (West of Alexandra Street)
• Stuart Street (West of Alexandra Street)• Stroud Street (South of Stuart Street)
• Blanch Street (West of Crawford Street)
• Prince Street (South of Richmond Street)
• Jackson Street
• Alexandra Street (South of Stuart Street)
• Rotary Park on the banks of Myall River
• Bulahdelah Showground
Low lying properties may experience impacts due to flash flooding and/or riverine flooding.
Storm and flood impacts may interrupt essential services such as electricity, phones, internet, water and sewerage.
People in these areas need to closely monitor weather and road closures and make informed decisions early based on individual circumstances. Residents should monitor the situation and be prepared to evacuate when instructed to do so.
A Flood Evacuation Order will be issued by the NSW SES if and when evacuations are required.
Simple things you can do now:
• Lift possessions and important items above the predicted flood height.• Take pets, essential items, warm clothes, medicines, insurance documents and valuables with you.
• Leave as early as possible to avoid restricted roads.
• Share this information with family, friends and neighbours and help others where possible
For more information;
• Follow us on Facebook at /NSWSES or our website at www.ses.nsw.gov.au
• Latest Weather, Warnings, Rainfall and River heights: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/• Road Closures: www.livetraffic.com.au or http://www.myroadinfo.com.au
For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW State Emergency Service on 132 500. In life threatening situations call triple zero (000) immediately.