2NURFM staff and volunteers are working hard to continue providing you with local news, the music you love, and community information, we all need community radio for the latest local news, support and advice, 2NURFM is here for you. 2NURFM is locally owned and operated and does not make a profit from our services. We are supported by the community with donations and at this time is our End-of-Financial-Year Appeal.
If you’re able to support us at this time, donate online or to make a donation over the phone call (02) 4921 5555 between 9:00am and 3:00pm. Your support before 30 June will make a difference to your much-loved radio station and our community of listeners in Newcastle and the Hunter.
*All donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes, providing that your donations bring no material or tangible benefits to you under the rules specified by the Australian Taxation Office, your donation may be tax deductible. Donors can claim tax deductions for gifts made to eligible gift recipients.
Gifts have the following characteristics:
- There is a transfer of money or property
- They are made voluntarily
- The transfer arises by way of benefaction
- No material benefit or advantage is received by the donor.
My donation is only modest, does that matter?
Every donation, no matter how small or large, makes a difference and is greatly appreciated.
Deductible gift recipient
As 2NURFM is a part of the University of Newcastle (ABN 15 736 576 735), it is registered as a deductible gift recipient (DGR) under Subdivision 30-BA of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 and is endorsed by the Australian Tax Office as an income tax exempt charity (ITEC).
Donations to The University of Newcastle (2NURFM) may be eligible deductions for income tax purposes under Division 30 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
Donors can claim tax deductions for gifts made to deductible gift recipients (DGRs).
The law specifies the types of gifts that can be donated. To be deductible, a gift must be of money or property that is covered by one of these gift types:
- $2 or more: money
- Property less than 12 months: property purchased during the 12 months before the gift was made
- Property valued at more than $5,000: a valuation by the Australian Taxation Office is required
- Trading stock: trading stock disposed of outside the ordinary course of business
- Cultural bequest: property gifted under the cultural bequest program
- Cultural gifts: property under the Cultural Gift Program
- National Estate gifts: places listed in the Register of the National Estate.
Gifts also have these characteristics:
- They are made voluntarily
- They do not provide a material benefit to the donor
- They essentially arise from benefaction, and proceed from detached and disinterested generosity.
Privacy and your donation
To enable the University to comply with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 donors are asked to advise on the Donation Form whether they:
- Wish to remain anonymous and do not consent to their donation being publicly acknowledged
- Consent to their donation being publicly acknowledged. All who donate more than $1000 to the University a year are eligible to appear in the University Annual Report
As we value the privacy of our donors we do not make personal information available to any other organisations.
It’s gratifying to know that 2NURFM means so much to so many people. If you’ve enjoyed listening to 2NURFM over the years, please consider gifts in wills.
Yes, you could bequeath a donation that would greatly assist in the ongoing support of 2NURFM, the Hunter’s only locally-owned radio station.
Some years ago, the late Peter Pickhover bequeathed a donation that became an annual scholarship for a student from the University of Newcastle’s communication course. At 2NURFM, one of our studios is now called the Peter Pickhover Studio in recognition of this generous donation.
Thank you for listening to 2NURFM, your community station. We don’t receive any Government assistance, therefore a gift in your will – no matter how small – will be greatly appreciated.
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact 2NURFM during business hours on (02) 4921 5555, or email [email protected].