BY JARROD MELMETH
The Hunter has recorded another 18 local COVID cases, bringing the regions total to 476 since August 5.
The new cases are from the Lake Macquarie, Newcastle, Maitland, Cessnock, Muswellbrook and Glen Innes local government areas.
By suburb the cases are from By suburb, the new cases are from Mount Hutton 3, Toronto 3, Booragul 1, Coal Point 1, Tarro 3, Mayfield 1, Jesmond 1, Metford 1, Aberglassyn 1, Greta 1, Muswellbrook 1 and Glen Innes 1.
12 of the new cases were infectious in the community, 14 are linked to current cases and 11 people are being cared for in hospital. The two cases which were in ICU have now been removed.
Statewide, NSW recorded 1022 cases and ten deaths. It brings an end to the consecutive days of falling numbers the state has been experiencing since September 16.
A number of COVID exposure sites have been listed overnight including at Williamtown, Cessnock, Salamander Bay, The Junction, Warners Bay, Waratah, Cameron Park, Morisset, Charlestown and Glendale.
Anyone who attended the following venues at the specified dates and times is considered a casual contact and must get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
- Newcastle Airport (Check-in, screening, departure lounge and facilities) on Friday 17 September between 2:20pm – 3:35pm
- Pk’s Olde General Store, Cessnock on Saturday 11 September between 12pm – 12:15pm
- Coles, Salamander Bay
- Sunday 5 September between 5:20pm – 3:50pm
- Wednesday 15 September between 8:05am – 9am
- Coles, The Junction on Wednesday 15 September between 3:35pm – 5:45pm
- Coles, Warners Bay on Wednesday 15 September between 5:30pm – 6pm
- Coles, Waratah on Wednesday15 September between 10am – 10:30am
- Woolworths, Cameron Park on Sunday 12 September between 4:40pm – 5:35pm
- Woolworths, Morisset on Wednesday 15 September between 1:50pm 2:25pm
- Woolworths, Charlestown
- Thursday 9 September between 11:40am – 12pm
- Friday 10 September between 9am – 9:15am
- Saturday 11 September between 11am – 11:25am
- Woolworths, Glendale
- Friday 10 September between 5:05pm – 4pm
- Saturday 11 September between 5:05pm – 5:20pm
- Tuesday 14 September between 4:35pm – 4:55pm