BY JARROD MELMETH
The Hunter has recorded another 16 COVID-19 cases, bringing the regions total to 367 since August 5.
The new cases are spread across the Lake Macquarie, Newcastle, Cessnock, Port Stephens and Gunnedah local government areas.
By suburb the cases are from Wangi Wangi 2, Arcadia Vale 1, Charlestown 1, Glendale 1, West Wallsend 1, Mayfield 2, Hamilton South 1, New Lambton 1, Elermore Vale 1, Cliftleigh 2, Greta 1, Boat Harbour 1, Gunnedah 1.
Ten of the new cases were infectious in the community. One is currently under investigation.
The Hunter now has 14 people being cared for in hospital and two people in the ICU.
NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro has also announced the Upper Hunter will come out of lockdown from 1pm on Thursday. This includes the Muswellbrook, Singleton and Dungog Shires.
Statewide, NSW recorded 1351 new cases and another 12 deaths.
A number of COVID exposure sites have been listed overnight including at Rutherford, Toronto, Wallsend, Glendale, Waratah, Cessnock, Mayfield, Beresfield and Charlestown.
Anyone who attended the following venues at the specified dates and times is considered a casual contact and must get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
- PETQuarters, Rutherford on Saturday 11 September 10:40am – 10:50am
- The Reject Shop, Toronto
- Wednesday 8 September between 10:50am – 11:10am
- Thursday 9 September between 11:25am – 11:35am
- Aldi, Wallsend
- Monday 6 September between 1pm – 1:15pm
- Thursday 9 September between 11:05am – 11:15am
- Chemistworks, Glendale on Sunday 12 September 11:15am – 11:25am
- Coles, Waratah on Wednesday 8 September between 4:55pm – 5:05pm
- Coles, Rutherford on Saturday 11 September between 11:45am – 12:15pm
- Woolworths, Toronto on Friday 10 September between 11:40am – 11:55am
- Woolworths, Cessnock on Sunday 12 September between 5:30pm – 6pm
- Woolworths, Mayfield on Wednesday 8 September between 7:55pm – 8:15pm
- Woolworths, Beresfield on Wednesday 8 September between 9am – 9:15am
- Woolworths, Charlestown Square
- Thursday 9 September between 11:40am – 12pm
- Saturday 11 September between 11am – 11:25am