BY JARROD MELMETH
The Hunter has reached double digit daily COVID cases again with 11 new cases recorded today.
Broken down by suburb the cases are in Salamander Bay (3), Heatherbrae (1), Swansea Heads (1), Whitebridge (1), North Lambton (1), New Lambton (1), Raworth (1), Parkville (1) & Armidale (1).
Upper Hunter MP Dave Layzell says the Parkville case is in Sydney however the persons address is in Parkville. This case has no threat to the community.
Three of the new cases in Heatherbrae, New Lambton & Armidale were infectious while in the community.
In positive news the person who was in ICU has been removed which means they are believed to be recovering. Across the region there are 85 active cases, 649 close contacts in isolation and five people in hospital.
Statewide, NSW recorded its worst day yet with 1431 cases and 12 deaths.
A number of COVID exposure sites have been listed overnight by health authorities including at Whitebridge, Charlestown and Shoal Bay.
Anyone who attended the following venues during the specified dates and times is considered a casual contact and must get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
- Foodworks, Whitebridge
- Friday 27 August between 3:45pm – 3:55pm
- Saturday 28 August between 12:10pm – 12:15pm
- Saturday 28 August between 4:05pm – 4:10pm
- Dan Murphys, Charlestown Square on Sunday 29 August between 11:23am – 11:27am
- Coles, Charlestown Square on Sunday 29 August between 10:25am – 11:25am
- IGA X-Press, Shoal Bay on Saturday 28 August between 10:50am – 11am