BY ISABEL EVERETT
Hunter residents are being invited to join a free online seminar on Thursday night, about how to better take care of your heart health.
The Hunter Medical Research Institute is hosting a zoom session, with some of it’s leading cardiovascular researchers, Associate Professor Narelle Eather, Professor Andrew Boyle, and Associate Professor Aaron Sverdlov.
The meeting will look at how you can look after your heart and latest research, and well as;
• How physical activities and fitness levels can impact positively on heart health
• Types of physical activity that are great for cardiovascular health
• Research supported by HMRI to promote cardiovascular health in children and adults
• The science behind the heart and how the heart can be regenerated following heart attacks and with advancing age
• What research is being done to help prevent cancer survivors from getting heart disease, a common factor affecting 1/3 of cancer survivors.
The Heart to Heart meeting runs from 6pm – 7pm, with space for 500 participants.
Those interested can register on the Register at hmri.org.au/events page.