BY JARROD MELMETH
Four new cases of COVID-19 were detected in the Hunter, bringing the total to 193 in the region.
Hunter New England Health says there are 76 active cases in the district, which means 117 cases have recovered or died from the virus.
The new cases are in Shoal Bay, Salamander Bay, Swansea Heads and Hamilton. All of the new cases except for the Hamilton one were infectious while in the community.
State wide, NSW recorded 1288 new cases and seven more deaths.
A number of new exposure sites have been listed overnight by Hunter New England Health across Lake Macquarie and Port Stephens.
Anyone who attended the following venues on the specified dates and times is considered a casual contact and must get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
- Redhead Bakehouse on Friday 27 August between 11:20am – 11:30am
- Caltex, Cameron Park on Friday 27 August between 1:15pm – 1:20pm
- Liquorland, Salamander Bay on Friday 27 August between 4:10pm – 10:10pm & Saturday August 28 between 2:30pm – 7:30pm
- Salty’s at Swansea Bridge on Sunday 29 August from 12:15pm – 12:25pm
- Officeworks, Warners Bay on Sunday 29 August from 10am – 10:10am