BY JARROD MELMETH
A Hunter man has died overnight from COVID-19.
The man was in his 90’s, fully vaccinated and in palliative care at the Masonic Village aged care facility at Edgeworth.
The news comes as the Hunter records five cases of COVID-19 bringing the regions total to 82 cases.
Of the five new local cases, one is linked to the Masonic Village facility in Lake Macquarie, one case was recorded in Maitland, one in Newcastle, one in Port Stephens and one in Armidale.
All new cases are linked to previous cases, while one of the new cases was infectious while in the community.
On Friday morning it was confirmed two residents of Anglican Cares Jesmond Grove aged care facility tested positive to COVID-19 along with a staff member. It follows the revelation on Thursday that 12 residents at the Masonic Village aged care facility returned positive tests after a staff member worked will infectious.
In terms of exposure sites, the region has its highest number of sites announced in a day.
This morning Hunter New England Health announced dozens of new casual exposure sites. Anyone who attended any of the following venues is required to get tested and isolate until a negative test result is received.
- Thursday 5 August from 1:36pm – 2:14pm
- Friday 6 August from 5:25pm – 5:45pm
- Sunday 8 August from 12:01pm – 12:35pm
- Sunday 8 August from 11:31am – 11:51am
Coles, The Junction
- Sunday 8 August from 12:53pm – 1pm
Big W, Jesmond
- Sunday 8 August from 4:15pm – 4:20pm
- Sunday 8 August from 4:22pm – 4:28pm
The Newcastle Hotel, Islington
- Sunday 1 August from 9:45pm – 11:30pm
- Saturday 7 August from 1:34pm – 1:40pm
- Monday 9 August from 5:28pm – 5:32pm
Metro Petroleum, Tarro
- Monday 2 August from 6:30am – 6:35am
R-Harn Thai Eatery, Jesmond
- Monday 9 August from 5:35pm – 6pm
Blooms the Chemist, Stockland Green Hills
- Friday 6 August from 12:45pm – 1:06pm
Woolworths, Stockland Green Hills
- Friday 6 August from 1:06pm – 1:11pm
Coles, Stockland Green Hills
- Wednesday 4 August from 4:40pm – 5pm
- Friday 6 August from 1:15pm – 1:20pm
KFC, Stockland Green Hills
- Friday 6 August from 1:20pm – 1:30pm
McDonalds, Charlestown Square
- Thursday 5 August from 9am – 9:05am
Van Gool, Charlestown Square
- Thursday 5 August from 12pm – 12:10pm
City Beach, Stockland Green Hills
- Wednesday 4 August from 5pm – 5:15pm
Priceline, Stockland Green Hills
- Wednesday 4 August from 5:54pm – 5:14pm
Kmart, Stockland Green Hills
- Wednesday 4 August from 4:24pm – 4:45pm
City Beach, Charlestown Square
- Thursday 5 August from 9am – 2pm
Blue Door, Newcastle (Hunter St)
- Wednesday 4 August from 1:16pm – 1:30pm
Train – Teralba to Morriset
- Saturday 7 August from 10:06am – 10:30am
Train – Morriset to Teralba
- Saturday 7 August from 12pm – 12:20pm