BY JARROD MELMETH
As the statewide COVID-19 numbers continue to rise with 681 recorded on Thursday, the Hunter has recorded just five.
Of the five new local cases, all of them are in the Newcastle local government area. Three of the new cases were recorded in Jesmond and two in Elermore Vale.
The Premier has also announced regional and rural NSW will remain in lockdown until August 28, in line with Greater Sydney.
Deputy Premier John Barilaro says the extension of lockdown was agreed to at crisis cabinet meeting on Wednesday as a number of communities across regional NSW battle local outbreaks.
New exposure sites have been listed overnight including at Raymond Terrace, Morpeth, Green Hills, Tenambit and East Maitland.
Anyone who visited the following sites is considered a casual contact and must get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
– Woolworths, Raymond Terrace Marketplace on Monday 9 August between 7:21am – 10:47am
– SPAR Express Supermarket, Morpeth on Wednesday 11 August between 7:14pm – 7:16pm, Thursday 12 August between 6:36pm – 6:41pm, Friday 13 August between 7:15pm – 7:17pm
– Coles, Stockland Green Hills on Wednesday 11 Aug between 1:12pm – 1:22pm, 1:30pm – 1:39pm & 5:20pm – 5:30pm
– Tenambit Pharmacy on Friday 13 August between 11:01am – 11:03am
– Foodworks, Tenambit on Wednesday 11 August between 2pm – 2:10pm
– Your Discount Chemist, East Maitland on Thursday 12 August between 4:37pm – 5pm & Friday 13 August between 11:09am – 11:11am